In the trial of suspended ManCity professional Benjamin Mendy, shocking allegations are brought forward. It is about rape and other sexual offences.
Shocking allegations have been brought forward in the trial of suspended football star Benjamin Mendy.
The 28-year-old, who faces 22 charges in Chester, England, specifically lured women to his property near Manchester between 2018 and 2021 to rape them, according to prosecutor Timothy Cray.
The trial of the Frenchman, who is still contracted to Manchester City, had begun on Monday. Prosecutors read out a 131-page indictment detailing the alleged offences committed by Mendy and an accomplice.
Mendy is accused of eight rapes, as well as one attempted rape and one sexual assault. He pleaded not guilty in court.
One man allegedly helped Mendy
According to Cray, Mendy allegedly lured women to his villa and kept them there in locked “panic rooms” from which the women could not have escaped.
“Nowadays, fame brings attention. Fame also brings money. And because of his wealth and status, others were willing to help him get what he wanted,” the prosecutor told the court.
Among those helping was allegedly a man named Louis Saha Matturie, who – together with Mendy – brought women from nightclubs to his estate and is now also charged.
Saha’s job had been to “find young women and create situations where these young women could be raped and sexually assaulted”, Cray continued.
Mendy denies charges
The 41-year-old is also charged with rape and other sexual offences. A total of 13 victims are alleged to have been involved. Two of them reportedly told police they were passed back and forth between Mendy and Matturie at parties.