FC Barcelona has enormous financial problems. Although President Joan Laporta brags about the income, Robert Lewandowski and Co. have to fear for their commitment.
FC Barcelona has been on a shopping spree this summer, signing top-class players such as Robert Lewandowski, Andreas Christensen, Franck Kessie, Raphinha and Jules Kounde.
So far, the club has not been able to register its new arrivals, but president Joan Laporta spoke about the high income in recent weeks when introducing Lewandowski.
The 60-year-old boasted, for example, that the club had taken in 868 million euros in the past two months. Laporta said, “We have worked to sign them all up. We have worked hard and productively to meet the requirements.”
Barca apparently failing La Liga
Apparently, however, that was not enough. So the president said, “If it is necessary to carry out further operations, we will do it. We are waiting. It is a decision that La Liga has to make. We have complied with what is required. We are confident that we can register it.”
According to the Dailymirror in England, Barca tried to register their new players on Friday but failed to do so with the Spanish federation.
According to the report, the club would have to generate more revenue. Otherwise, Lewandowski and Co. are not yet eligible to play in the opener on 14 August.